Tips for Choosing an Invisalign Provider
Most of us are not born with that red-carpet-ready celebrity smile. In fact, most well-known celebrities are not born with their red-carpet smiles either. However, that fantastic smile is now within reach near Franklin Square, NY with the help Dr. Susan Tierney, Dr. Michael Sheinis and the team at Straight Set Orthodontics.
Invisalign clear aligners
Adults are often reluctant to wear braces as a method of orthodontic treatment. Dr. Tierney and Dr. Sheinis can prescribe treatment with Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign is virtually invisible, are removable by the wearer, and causes less irritation for the wearer than traditional methods for straightening teeth.
What can Invisalign do for me?
Invisalign is the clear alternative to braces that can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. The Invisalign treatment option is available for anyone who is a candidate for traditional braces and can be used to treat all types of orthodontic issues. However, before you decide on a treatment plan with Invisalign, it is important to contact an orthodontist near Franklin Square, NY and ask their team these important questions:
- Are you certified by Invisalign?
- How long have you been using Invisalign to treat your patients?
- Do you prefer to use Invisalign or braces in my or my child’s case?
- Do you use the latest advancements in technology (like Invisalign) to obtain the best results?
- Do you have before-and-after pictures of your patients who have used Invisalign?
The Invisalign system, using a 3D computer imaging system, creates precise scans of your bite. The Straight Set Orthodontics team will then use those scans to design your personal Invisalign aligners for each step as your treatment progresses.
Invisalign versus Braces.
Dr. Tierney and Dr. Sheinis have extensive experience using Invisalign clear aligners to straighten patient’s teeth, and the team at Straight Set Orthodontics find that treatment with Invisalign is typically as effective as regular braces. There are differences between treatment with braces and treatment with Invisalign, and each has their unique benefits.
- Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable to wear and nearly invisible.
- Braces are indicated most often for the most serious orthodontic issues.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable for easier eating and cleaning.
- Braces cannot be removed, and thereby lost, by the wearer.
The team at Straight Set Orthodontics can help you get started using Invisalign today. They have all the information you’re looking for to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you or your child. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about Dr. Susan Tierney, Dr. Michael Sheinis and the team, call us today at: 516-248-2560.