It’s Time to Try Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
Dr. Susan Gail Tierney, Dr. Michael Sheinis, and the team at Straight Set Orthodontics specialize in orthodontic treatment for adults in Garden City. Braces aren’t just for kids or teens anymore. Today, nearly 20 percent of people wearing braces are adults. Less visible options like clear aligner trays and ceramic braces have attracted more people to the outcome possibilities of orthodontic treatment for adults.
Teeth can change position over time; commonly caused by natural growth, injury, or tongue thrust (a condition where the tongue projects through the front teeth during speech, swallowing, or when the tongue is at rest). Orthodontic treatments are highly effective in treating these issues in addition to the dental malocclusions (the misalignment of the upper and lower teeth) that most people are familiar with.
- Teeth shift over time. If you had braces as a kid and you find that now, as an adult, you need them again, that’s because your teeth shift as you get older, and some people’s teeth move faster and/or more than others. You may be experiencing discomfort caused by a malocclusion, don’t like the look of their misaligned teeth, or want straighter teeth for a new you. Dr. Ortho Name and the team at Name Orthodontics can help.
- There are many available treatment options available for adults in Garden City.
- Traditional metal braces
- Ceramic braces are often clear or tooth-colored with a clear wire to bind them.
- Lingual braces are adhered behind the teeth rendering them completely invisible.
- Clear aligner systems like Invisalign; these are practically invisible and removable for brushing, flossing, and eating.
- The cost hasn’t changed much. Thirty-five years ago, the average cost of orthodontic treatment was approximately $2,000 (about $5,700 now, after adjusting for inflation). That’s analogous to today; the average cost today of traditional braces ranges from $3,000 to $7,000 (depending on your insurance plan’s coverage, choice of provider, and your plan of treatment). Ceramic braces are more costly ($4,000 to $8,000). Lingual braces are by far the most expensive due to material and procedure costs ($8,000 to $10,000). Aligner tray prices, like ceramic braces, fluctuate from $4,000 to $7,500. Be sure to check with your insurance provider to determine if your plan covers the type of treatment you’re choosing. For instance, most insurance companies won’t cover braces for orthodontic patients over the age of 18.
- Many orthodontists offer a free consultation to determine your treatment options, costs, and length of treatment. Straight Set Orthodontics consultations include photographs, a medical history review, and a panoramic X-ray that gives a full-mouth view.
- Braces can build your confidence. Orthodontic treatment with braces can improve the quality of your smile. Knowing that your dental health will improve with treatment also is a great way to build confidence. After treatment, Straight Set Orthodontics clients leave with a healthy, straight smile!
If you’re looking to restore your sparkling, beautiful smile, consider orthodontic treatment for adults with Dr. Tierney and Dr. Sheinis at Straight Set Orthodontics in Garden City. To schedule a consultation with the Straight Set Orthodontics team, call: 516 248 2560